Because we are Christians, and we cannot separate our beliefs from what we do, we feel that it is important for us to share them with you below. If you’d like to learn more about the Gospel of Christ in which we believe, I (Heather) have done my best to explain it in this blog post.
- The Holy Scriptures are the True Word of God, and are important in all of life. I believe that the Bible is correct, and that if it says something is wrong then it is wrong. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, Hebrews 4:12, Psalm 19:7, Galatians 1:8, and Romans 15:4)
- We believe in the Trinity. That there is only one God eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1: 26-27, Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Matthew 28:19-20, John 14:7, and Galatians 4:4-6)
- We believe that all have sinned and are in need of a Savior. (Romans 3:23, Romans 5:11-13, Hebrews 9:22, and 1 John 1:8-10)
- We believe that we are saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone. (Acts 4:12, Ephesians 2:8, Romans 3:24, Romans 6:23, and 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- We believe that as a Christian God continues to work in us. (Philippians 1:6 and Hebrews 12)
- We believe that we are to encourage one another, and treat each other respectfully. Not gossiping or arguing, but controlling our tongues. (Ephesians 4:29, 1 Thessalonians 5:11, Proverbs 20:19, 1 Timothy 6:20, 2 Corinthians 12:20, James 1:26, and James 3:1-12)
- We do believe that there are some issues that Christians are allowed to disagree on. On these issues we are to refer to Romans 12. However, there are many issues that we believe that we are not allowed to disagree on. The Bible makes certain things clear, and we can not compromise on those things.
- We believe that we are to uphold the moral law of God. (Exodus 20:3-17 and Acts 15:28-29)
- We do not believe that it is okay to distort Scripture to please human motives. (2 Peter 3:16)
- We do not believe that it is okay to use Salvation as a sin license. (Jude 4 and Ephesians 5:3-5)
- We believe that there is important balance of truth and grace. (John 1:17) Truth hates sin, grace loves sinners…
Truth without grace crushes people – judgmental legalism
Grace without truth deceives people – deceitful tolerance